High-level briefing, 29. september kl. 17.00 - 19.00
Tænketanken EUROPA, Amagertorv 29a, 4.sal
(Indgang fra Strøget via Klostergaarden)
PÅ ENGELSK / IN ENGLISH
Many EU memberstates are struggling to prevent tax avoidance and ensure fair taxes for transnational corporations and the new digital economy, but could pan-european EU-taxes become a better solution? Meet Pierre Moscovici, the European Commissioner for Economic and Financial Affaris, Taxation and Customs at this high level briefing.
The European Commission president, Jean-Claude Juncker, in his recent State of the Union speech, launched new ideas on how to move forward to qualified voting in the EU on VAT, corporate taxes, financial transactions and the digital industry. But is this just a far- fetched idea from the Brussels bubble, or is the European Union ready to take a big step forward to pan-european tax rules?
At this exclusive briefing you will have an opportunity to discuss the new ideas with the Commissioner responsible for taxation. How do you think Europes future tax system should look like? Come to this event and make your voice heard.
- Pierre Moscovici, the European Commissioner for Economic and Financial Affaris, Taxation and Customs
- Jeppe Kofoed, Medlem af Europa-Parlamentet for Socialdemokratiet
- The future European Tax system. The challenge and opportunities w/ Bjarke Møller, director of Think Tank EUROPA
- How can EU avoid tax avoidance? The role of the European Parliament w/ Jeppe Kofod
- short Q&A to Jeppe Kofoed
- The way forward for taxes in the EU w/Pierre Moscovici
- Panel debate with Moscovici and Jeppe Kofod. Moderated by Bjarke Møller
- Closing of the event followed by wine and networking
Dette event er støttet af EUROPA NÆVNET