Wednesday, January 25, 13:00 - 17:15
Ny Carlsberg Glytotek, Dantes Plads 7, København K
The British referendum on the EU has caused a lot of turmoil in Europe and there is a growing fear of nationalism, fragmentation and disruption that could threaten the political cohesion of The European Union. And in 2017 upcoming elections in France, Germany and other EU-countries might have a huge impact on the future development of the EU.
But how should the EU deal with its challenges and win trust and legitimacy by addressing the concerns among European citizens?
Leading decision makers, business leaders, top civil servants, researchers, and journalists are invited to discuss the future of the EU and new strategies to strengthen the community.
THE CONFERENCE IS FULLY BOOKED
More than 350 participants are expected to join the conference, where the former president of the European Council, Herman Van Rompuy, is among the keynote speakers.
Confirmed speakers include among others:
- Herman Van Rompuy, former president of the European Council
- Ivan Krastev, chairman of Liberal Strategies, Sofia.
- Enrique Barón Crespo, former president of the European Parliament
- Connie Hedegaard, CEO of KR Foundation and former European Commissioner for Climate Action.
- Eske Willerslev, professor at Centre for Geogenetics, University of Copenhagen.
- Jørgen Tang-Jensen, CEO, Velux
- Jukka Pertola, CEO, Siemens Danmark
Unfortunately, due to an important meeting in Brussels, Margrethe Vestager has been forced to withdraw as speaker to the conference. We apologise for any inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding.
For questions or cancellation of registration please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This event is in English and Danish / Dette event foregår på engelsk og dansk