Seminar – 1. MAY
Trykkehallen Pressen, Politikens hus, Rådhuspladsen 37, 1785 København V.
15.00 – 18.00
Together with the Baltic Development Forum, Politiken and Europa-huset in Copenhagen, Think Thank EUROPA is celebrating the 10 year anniversary of the big EU enlargement that reunited Europe, helped re-establish close neighbourly relations and expanded old economic ties to the benefit of all.
It is important to celebrate the EU enlargement, which changed the political landscape in Europe 10 years ago. The political situation in Ukraine and on the Crimean peninsula is a sad reminder of how important the EU’s basic values of democracy, open economies, peace and integration are. It also raises new critical questions about the future for Europe and the borders of EU. At a time when EU cooperation faces many other political challenges in the run-up to the European elections, including stronger nationalistic movements, it is necessary to recognize the achievements of the last 10 years.
This seminar will take place 1 May 15.00-18.00 at Trykkehallen Pressen, Politikens hus, Rådhuspladsen 37, 1785 København V. The event is free of charge and in English.
Among the speakers at the seminar are
- Martin Lidegaard, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Denmark
- Vygaudas Usackas, Head of EU’s Delegation in Moscow, Fmr. Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania
- Svitlana Zalishchuk, Ukrainian journalist and leading NGO-activist from the Maidan Square in Kiev
- Ryszard Petru, Advisor at the think-tank Demos Europa, President of the Society of Polish Economists
- Lene Espersen, Chairman of BDF, Fmr. Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Henrik Hololei, Deputy Secretary General, European Commission (tbc)
- Catharina Sørensen, Research Director, Think-tank Europa
We want to make the 10 years anniversary a joyful moment so the seminar will end with jazz music, drinks and networking. Bjarke Møller, Director of the Danish think-tank Europa, Hans Brask, Director of Baltic Development Forum and Jens Bostrup will moderate the seminar.